Introduction: Plotting the Course
Chapter One: Preserved Places and a Pioneer Pair
Chapter Two: Preserved Places and a Big Business Builder & Benefactor
- The Samuel H. Kress Foundation
- The Samuel H. Kress Foundation devotes its resources to advancing the history, conservation, and enjoyment of the vast heritage of European art, architecture, and archaeology from antiquity to the 19th century.
Chapter Three: Preserved Places and Seeds of Greatness
Conclusion: On to New Horizons
- Historic Sites to Explore Locally
- Jobs in Historic Preservation
- The scope of historic preservation today has expanded significantly beyond its original goal of saving the homes of prominent Americans. Today preservationists can be found in architectural firms, city planning offices, economic development agencies, historic parks, and construction companies. The preservationist, wherever he or she works, appreciates the built environment and is committed to saving these valuable resources for future generations.