The Mini Page — 2011 Activities
Meet Illustrator Chris Raschka
This week's standards:
- Students comprehend and respond to a variety of images and text. (Language Arts: Reading)
1. Create a book cover by pasting a newspaper picture on a piece of paper. Draw a scene around the picture. Add a title for your book.
2. Look in the newspaper for stories about local art events or exhibits. Put a star next to three events you would like to attend.
3. Create a graphic novel about one of the artists or illustrators in this issue of The Mini Page.
4. Find newspaper stories that would make good books about (a) sports,
(b) schools, (c) music and (d) your community.
5. Ask a family member to tell you a story about your family. Write and illustrate the story as a book.
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ®