The Mini Page — 2011 Activities
This week's standards:
- Most countries create their own currency for use as money. (Economics)
1. Draw two large circles. In one, paste newspaper pictures to be the front of your own coin. In the other, paste newspaper pictures for the back of your coin.
2. Collect newspaper words and pictures for coins. Line up the words/pictures from the least valuable to the most valuable.
3. Collect sayings about coins, such as, “A penny for your thoughts.”
4. Why are these important to coin collectors: (a) Denver, (b) the Secret Service, and (c) gloves?
5. Select five different coins. List the symbols on them. Write what you think the symbols represent. Research the coins to learn about the symbols you didn’t know.
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ®