The Mini Page — 2011 Activities
Letís Play Lacrosse!
April 28-May 4
This week's standards:
- Students understand that physical activity provides opportunities for challenge and social interaction. (Physical Education)
1. Write facts about lacrosse on note cards. On the backs, draw a lacrosse stick.
2. Make three columns on a piece of paper. Paste newspaper words for sports in the columns: (1) sports played with balls, (2) sports played with balls and other equipment, and (3) sports that donít use balls.
3. Find three team sports in the newspaper. Explain how each is similar to and different from lacrosse.
4. How are these important for lacrosse: (a) helmets, (b) shorter sticks,
(c) Iroquois tribe, and (d) Queen Victoria?
5. Make up a lacrosse team. List friends for the four types of players. Explain your choices.
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ģ