The Mini Page — 2011 Activities
Queen for 60 Year
This week's standards:
- Students understand how people interact with structures of authority and
governance. (Social Studies: Governance)
1. Design a crown you would like to wear.
2. In your newspaper, circle words about royalty, such as “king” and “queen.”
Why do we like these words?
3. List the different jobs Queen Elizabeth performs. Put a check by the same ones
that President Obama does in this country.
4. How are these people important to Queen Elizabeth: (a) George VI, (b) Prince
Charles, (c) Prince William and (d) Prince Philip?
5. Find these things in the newspaper to plan a celebration for Queen Elizabeth:
places to visit, a restaurant to provide food, a place for the party, and five
people to invite.
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ®