The Mini Page — 2012 Activities
Honoring Our Fallen
This week's standards:
- Students understand people and events honored in commemorative holidays. (History)
1. Design a full-page newspaper ad to honor veterans.
2. List words that remind you of Memorial Day. Now put the words in a poem.
3. Circle five items in the newspaper you would use in your own Memorial Day celebration.
4. In the newspaper, find a local Memorial Day event that will have (a) a parade, (b) fireworks, (c) music and (d) a speaker.
5. Research one of the wars shown in The Mini Page. Answer these questions:
What caused the war? How did it end? How did it change our country?
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ®