The Mini Page — 2012 Activities
Top Dogs Shine at Top Show
This week's standards:
- Students understand the characteristics of organisms. (Life Science)
1. Divide a circle into three parts. Paste newspaper words or photos of these items in the sections: dog food, dog toys, dog care.
2. Interview several of your friends. Ask them what kind of dogs they own and three traits they think are important in a dog.
3. Paste pictures of dogs from news stories or comic strips on individual cards. Write facts about each dog on the backs of the cards.
4. Use the Internet to locate examples of dogs in the categories in the Westminster show. Write a paragraph explaining which breed you like best and why.
5. Write a story about Westminster from a dog’s point of view.
(standards by Dr. Sherrye D. Garrett, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi) ®